Sunday, January 27, 2008

The End of the Line :-(


My stop has come for me to get off after a long and fun journey. I can’t believe how fast this semester has gone. It just seems like yesterday when I first walked into A115 on the first day of this course but it has been actually five whole months. I walked into grade 11 English thinking that it was going to be a killer but it was easier than I had thought. Throughout this course I have learned so much things and I personally believe that I have improved my English a lot.

My experience in Ms. Mazz’s English class was truly unforgettable. There were so many days where we had fun but also many days where we did serious work in class. I enjoyed reading Macbeth and Brave New World (even though sometimes it was disgusting). I really enjoyed Ms. Mazz’s ways of teaching. If it weren’t for her Youtube videos of Macbeth, I would have surely never read the play. Her chapter summaries for Brave New World and Macbeth were a big help. They really helped me a lot on the quizzes, tests and the final exam that we had. The idea of having a blog and posting our assignments on it was a great experience. It was the first time I ever made a blog and I had a fun time doing so. Ms. Mazz was also very thoughtful about her deadlines for her assignments. Her deadlines were always fair and manageable. She was very understanding and didn’t pill us up with a lot of work.

In this class I met a lot of new people who I have become really good friends with. The group activities allowed me to interact with my other peers and thus becoming better friends with them. I still remember how we all failed on our presentations and how kind Ms. Mazz was in letting us present again.

Thanks Miss for putting up with us, especially during the times where we talked a lot in the back of the class. Your style of teaching was marvelous and I have learned a lot of things from you. In the future I hope that I get teachers like Ms. Mazz and wish that I have her as my English teacher for grade 12. With that I end my last blog post and leave you with a small clip of one of the presentations that we did.

Thank you Miss for all your hard work and effort into helping us improve our English!!! :-)




(Please note that this clip does not have sound since it was made using consecutive photos which were combined together)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great post! Thank you! :) You can modify or delete this blog when you are ready. I'm done evaluating it!